About the Universal ZFR-X Range
This double flame/smoke tube boiler with separate gas passages is suitable for operation with just one burner. The three-pass principle with a rear flue gas reversing chamber is positioned in the water chamber.
The economizer and superheater can be easily added according to the modular principle. The dimensions of the flame tubes, smoke tube bundles, water chamber and steam chamber have been optimised from the point of view of thermodynamics. Radiant and convection heating surfaces create a unique dynamism when used in single flame tube operation. The heat supplied by the fuel is converted into steam without causing any material stress thanks to flow fittings mounted on the water side. The main areas of use of ZFR / X steam boilers are all sectors of business, the processing and supply industries, and public facilities.
|Heat transfer medium||High-pressure saturated steam||High-pressure superheated steam|
|Design||Three-pass double-flame tube/smoke tube technology||Three-pass double-flame tube/smoke tube technology|
|Output||18,000 to 55,000 kg/h||–|
|Safety pressure||up to 30 bar||up to 30 bar|
|Max. temperature||up to 235 °C||up to 300 °C|
|Fuel||Gas, oil, bio gas, bio oil, hydrogen||Gas, oil, bio gas, bio oil, hydrogen|
- Three-pass boiler for a very high steam or heat demand of 18,000 to 55,000 kg/h at up to 30 bar
- Extremely high control range through single/double flame-tube operation
- High level of pressure consistency and steam quality even with widely fluctuating steam demand
- High level of efficiency due to three-pass technology, integrated economiser, and effective thermally insulating materials
- Overheated steam up to 300 °C and 30 bar possible, e.g., for steam turbines
- Versatile design for use with different fuel types and as a multi-fuel firing unit (oil, gas, biogas, hydrogen)
Why you need the ZFR-X Range
- Its suitability for unrestricted parallel or single burner operation is due to the stable separation of the components on the flue gas side.
- The special design features for neutralising the tension forces in single-flame operation are also critical for ensuring long-term stability.
- The flame tubes are continuous in the front and rear floors and welded securely all around.
- The water-flushed rear flue gas reversing chamber is divided by a stabilising tube wall through which water flows. It is fastened to the rear floor. Water circulation and heat transport are powerfully enhanced by means of guide profiles on the boiler base, and additionally accelerated by flow gases between the flame tubes and the smoke tube areas lying adjacent to one another.
- Fully automatic operation with one or both burners is possible without restriction due to the approved single-flame operation. Even using different fuels in the two firing units does not present any barriers. This enables the control range to be doubled and means that each low-load phase runs with one burner and a consequent gain in efficiency.
- If superheated steam is required instead of saturated steam, a superheater module can be positioned on the front reversing chamber. A bypass valve constantly controls the temperature of the superheated steam over a large load range. The smoke tube areas remain easily accessible thanks to the pivoting door of the reversing chamber.
- Modular system, controlled on the flue gas side – no injection water required for temperature control of the superheated steam
- Easy maintenance and installation – simple cleaning of the second and third boiler pass
- Long service life thanks to low thermal loading of the heat exchanger bundle of the superheater
There are many reasons for requiring a hire boiler. Maybe An existing boiler plant has broken down? A short-term gap between the removal of your old boiler and installation of your new one? Planning a long-term need for extra capacity? Trialling the development of a new product that requires steam or hot water?
Whatever the reason you may need to hire a commercial boilers, or an entire packaged plant, we are the experts to turn to and here’s why:
There are no hidden extras – you will know exactly how much your boiler hire will be, allowing you to carefully manage your budget.
Quick and easy hook up: our industrial boiler hire units include everything required for the boiler to be up and running immediatelyLearn more
Our Design Service specialises in creating Computer-Aided Design (CAD) models. Our highly-trained draftsmen work with engineers, site operatives and customers to design and create 2D and 3D computer models of Boilers, Ancillary Equipment, Layouts of Boiler houses, Plant rooms, Piping Schematics, Wiring Diagrams and much more.
Working to ensure that your chosen equipment will fit into the required space and providing you with full technical information regarding all aspects of your boiler and ancillary equipment.
We also ensure that the equipment provided meets specification criteria and local regulations including Clean Air Act, Medium Combustion Plant Directive, BG01 and more.
- Bespoke solutions. Our huge range of products and purpose-built manufacturing facility allows us to design and manufacture boiler solutions to meet your precise needs. Book a site survey now and get started.
- Flexible approach. We’re here to help. We’ll work with you at any stage of the project, and are happy to liaise with building service engineers, gas suppliers and architects to achieve the most efficient installation.
- Try before you buy. As well as boiler hire, we can arrange for you to visit a similar installation in-situ so you can see what you’ll be getting and meet our other happy customers
- Clear proposals. After a site visit (if necessary), we’ll provide you with a detailed, clear proposal that includes technical, performance and financial information. If applicable, we will include cost and energy saving projections.
We know that a seamless installation is vital to business continuity and efficiency, and your needs are our main priority. This is why our installation service is second to none:
- Flexible approach: We install at a time that’s best for your business, whether that’s during normal working hours (with a short, planned shutdown if necessary), or at off-peak times such as weekends
- Experienced team: Our engineer, design and sales teams benefit from CFB Boilers’ 126 years’ experience in manufacturing and installing steam boiler solutions. You can benefit from this experience too.
- We love a challenge: Difficult location? Restricted access? Tiny space? No challenge is too big for our highly experienced team as we’ve installed steam boilers everywhere, from tin mines to old cupboards
- Comprehensive service: Our complete range of steam boilers means that we have systems available to suit most applications, which combined with our technical expertise, gives us a distinct advantage when it comes to system installation.
Maintenance & Service Contracts
Achieving maximum longevity, performance and efficiency out of your steam boiler system, and eliminating premature repairs and breakdown, is easily and cost-effectively achieved with our planned preventative maintenance services. We also provide service contracts with a minimum 1 yearly contract as it is required by law that your steam boiler must have a yearly inspection.
- Free boiler clean: As part of a standard service, we will strip your boiler down and give it a thorough clean. This is not standard practice in the industry – we go above and beyond in ensuring the long-term performance and reliability of your boiler
- Fixed price service: We offer fixed rate servicing to give you peace of mind and complete cost control
- No unexpected costs: If any additional work is required, we will always conduct a site visit in order to provide an accurate quotation with us there are no hidden or unexpected costs
- Flexible packages: We will tailor a maintenance package to you so that you get the most efficiency and cost-effective service possible
- Convenient and efficient: It is our aim that your business can continue to run without disruption, so any work carried out will be completed in the most efficient way possible by our expert team of engineers
- Complete peace of mind: Many of our customers choose to retain us on a contract basis, ensuring that standard maintenance and repairs are fully managed.
Long-term performance and reliability are built into the very fabric of our boilers, which are designed and engineered to the highest standards. On very rare occasions, or with some older boilers (some of our boilers installed in the 1950s are still going strong!), repair may be required. If it is, you can count on us for a stand-out service:
- Expert response: If a customer calls to report an issue, 99% of the time we can connect them to a trained engineer who may be able to diagnose and even help fix the problem over the telephone
- Fixed rate repair: If an on-site inspection is necessary, we offer a fixed rate repair service that ensures that the boiler is up and running quickly and within budget
- 24 hour repair time: Contract customers benefit from priority status when it comes to operational problem solving and repairs – we will always aim to start the process of repair, or resolve the problem, within 24 hours
Our courses cover all aspects of boiler management which can be taken at your site or at our purpose built workshop here in Essex. We provide users with comprehensive training on their system and ensure they are completely confident to operate it and we are always on hand with any after care advice that’s needed.
Upon completion of course, all candidates will be awarded a certificate in boiler house training.Learn more
If your boiler is in need of de-scaling, we offer acid washes.
This is a two-day process that involves circulating the vessel with acid on day 1 and it’s then left overnight. On day 2 more circulation, checks will be made to ensure the acid has done its job, depending on what kind of scale you have, nearly 9 out of 10 times you are left with a pristine boiler shell.
Common Contributing factors to scale build up:
- In sufficient Water treatment
- No salt in the brine tank
- Incorrect blow down procedures (i.e., not blowing down at all)
- Hard water (area you live in)
Your insurance inspector will check for scale on his inspection. If failed, he will ask you to give it an acid clean.
What will happen
Scale build up on internal pressure side of your boiler can cause adverse problems to the vessel
Cracks can be caused on the boiler shell as a direct result of scale build up.
1mm of scale depreciates your boilers efficiency by 10%